About Peninsula Special Interest Lions Club
The PSILC was co-founded by Eleanor and Bill Britter. The club has over half of it’s members in the medical profession, with it’s primary focus on health care initiatives in partnership with schools, senior centers and local communities. In 2013, PSILC delivered medical clinics and nutrition workshops to over 10,000 children, seniors and adults in San Mateo County.
As an attendee or sponsor of this event, you’re welcomed into a community that is making an incredible difference in the lives of families in our local community and beyond. The CYFH Summit event and other fundraising activities contribute to PSILC’s accomplishments:
- Provided free medical clinics and nutrition workshops to 10,000 + children and adults in San Mateo County, California and surrounding communities.
- Distributed 38,000 eyeglasses to children and adults through partnership with Zenni Optical.
- Assist Dr. Mehmet Oz in delivering free clinics in the United States.
- Provided 150,000 lbs. of organic produce to homeless shelters.
- Funded by lions Club International, the lions Quest Program helped 2 million youths learned life skills to tackle issues such as drug abuse and violence.
Examples of PSIlC’s medical screenings saving lives in the community:
- Identified worker with Typhoid fever and promptly reported to the authorities, preventing further spread of the disease.
- Identified 12-year-old with lung cancer and referred to treatment.
- Identified numerous diabetic children entering episode of diabetic ketoacidosis and referred for immediate treatment.